Piezo.com - Garment and Wearable Smart Tactor Piezo Haptic Kit
This module was designed by our partner Piezo.com.
Boréas Technologies Product: BOS1901 Piezo Haptic Driver
Application of this module: Garment and Wearables
Piezo.com smart tactor kit uses the BOS1901 piezo haptic driver with their own piezo bender. This hardware was built to facilitate the integration of piezo benders in haptic applications. The main use cases for the smart tactor kit are garment and wearable applications where haptic feedback to enhance situational awareness is needed.
High-performance Piezo Actuator
- Broad frequency response with discrete control, 1 Hz resolution from 0 to 500 Hz
- Instantaneous position control
Integrated Electronics Package
- Integrated driving and communication electronics that make the piezo actuator easy to use
- Designed for wearables - low power consumption, lightweight, easy mount and connect
Software Control on a Serial Bus
- Control an expandable array of tactors with a single, simple serial interface
|Dimensions (Smart Tactor)||1.03” x 1.55” x 0.25”|
|Weight (Smart Tactor)||6.2 grams|
|Piezo Tip Displacement, maximum||0.075” peak, 0.15” peak to peak|
|Dimensions (USB Interface dongle)||1.03” x 1.55” x 0.25”|
|Weight (Smart Tactor)||5.5 grams|
|Input Voltage||+5 V, from USB1|
|Piezo driving voltage (maximum)||190 V, peak to peak|
|Current draw (maximum2)||120 mA|
|Current draw (idle)||10 mA|
|Current draw (sleep)||50 uA|
|Driving Waveforms||Sine, Square3, Triangle, Position Control|
|Piezo resonance frequency||300 Hz ± 20 Hz|
|Driving Frequency Range (periodic waveforms)||0 Hz to 500 Hz|
|Driving Frequency Range (position control)||0 Hz to 1000 Hz|
|Data rate (default4)||115200 BAUD|
- Up to 4 tactors can be safely driven to their maximum output from a standard PC USB port, which provides up to 500 mA of current. This limit can be increased to 16 tactors by using an externally powered USB Hub capable sourcing 2 A of current.
- Maximum current draw occurs when driving between 250Hz and 350Hz at full amplitude.
- Square wave output near maximum parameters may overload the piezo driver. It is recommended to use an amplitude of 0.75 or less when driving square waves between 250Hz and 350Hz.
- Data rate can be adjusted in software.
Borrow Our Demos!
We can send our demos to your office so you and your team can feel what next-gen piezo HD haptics are all about.
Plus, we'll do it FREE OF CHARGE!
You only have to fill the form on this page to request one or multiple demos. Our team will then reach you to set-up the shipping logistic with you.