We are looking for a dynamic and creative mechanical engineer to join our team (which is growing rapidly) in a great working environment in Bromont.
Our goal is simple at Boréas Technologies. We want to revolutionize the interaction we have with our electronic devices. Our patented haptic technology catches the attention of the biggest players on the planet and has the potential to be used in most devices around us, from our phone to our car.
As a mechanical engineer within a company specializing in haptic technologies, you will be at the forefront of electromechanical integration allowing the communication of information by the sense of touch across different surfaces.
In order to meet the needs of our customers, you will have to design prototypes of systems integrating the products of the company as well as perform various research and development activities to improve the quality of the haptic rendering of our products. In addition, together with our application engineers, you will answer our customers' questions about the mechanical integration of our products into their systems.
This position requires a willingness to innovate and imagine solutions to problems for which there is not necessarily a reference book to date.
You will gain in-depth knowledge of haptic technologies and our products to become the technical advisor on which our customers can rely during the design of their products.
- Design, manufacture and assemble prototypes of haptic systems integrating the products of the company.
- Perform R & D around the electromechanical integration of piezoelectric actuators in various systems.
- Design and document reference designs in mechanical manufacturing.
- Model and characterize electromechanical systems.
- Support our application engineers and customers in the mechanical integration of our products.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with mechanical drawing and simulation software
- Manual ability to assemble electromechanical systems
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and mechanical assembly of products in the consumer and automotive markets
- Experience with haptic technologies and piezoelectric actuators (an asset)
- Intellectual curiosity, "Think outside the box", innovative capacity and demonstrated creativity
- Interest in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- Bilingual French / English
- Ready to travel up to 10% of the time
- Very competitive salary offer.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package - Dental, Vision, Medical and Disability Insurance
- Nice and healthy work environment
- Dynamic and motivated team
About Boréas Technologies
Boréas Technologies Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company commercializing product-differentiating integrated circuits for haptic applications in consumer and industrial markets. With origins in research conducted at Harvard University, Boréas was founded in 2016 in Bromont, Québec. Its proprietary piezoelectric actuator driver technology platform, CapDrive, enables the rapid design of low-power HD haptic feedback in wearables, smartphones, game controllers and other devices.