We are looking for a driven and passionate Power Management IC (PMIC) Designer to join our quickly growing team in a wonderful work environment in Bromont. The employee location is flexible with a preference for Bromont (QC) or Montreal (QC).
Boréas Technologies’ goal is simple. We want to revolutionize how we interact with the electronic devices that surround us. Our patented technology caught the attention of the world’s biggest companies and has the potential to be used in various applications, from small devices like smartphones to bigger ones like cars.
New use cases for our technology means we need a qualified new PMIC Designer to join our development team to help design new products and support the company’s fast growth.
This is where you come in!
As a PMIC designer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of the most advanced haptic driver IC architectures. You will closely work with the IC design team to translate a product target specification into a micro-architecture and release the product to production. As a member of a small team, you will assume important responsibilities related to new product development.
- Design state-of-the-art haptic drivers based on CapDriveTM architectures
- Research new architectures aligned with the company roadmap
- Define block-level specifications
- Carry out circuit design and verification
- Work closely with layout team on physical implementation
- Drive and contribute to silicon bench characterization
- Support production ATE test development
- Master’s in electrical engineering with 5+ years of experience. PhD is preferred
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in developing power management IC and DC/DC converter circuitry, such as circuit architecture choice, transistor-level analog design, verification, bench and production testing, ESD, reliability
- Industry design experience in highly efficient DC-DC converter
- Strong knowledge and experience in DC-DC converter stability analysis and modeling is highly desired
- Understanding of technologies associated with IC processes, semiconductor device physics, and magnetics
- Good organization and communication skills
- Asset: Bilingual (French/English)
Compensation Package Highlights
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages – (Dental, Vision, Medical and Disability Insurance)
- Nice and healthy work environment
- Dynamic and motivated team
- Relocation Assistance
About Boréas Technologies
Boréas Technologies Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company commercializing innovative high-voltage, low-power integrated circuits for consumer and industrial markets. The Company was founded in 2016 out of Harvard University and is VC funded to develop a commercial offering based on its patented core technology, targeting the rapidly growing market for piezo based HD haptic technology in consumer and industrial devices.