We are looking for a dynamic and creative Haptics Specialist - Mechanical Integration to join our team (which is growing rapidly) in a superb working environment in Bromont.
Our goal is simple at Boréas Technologies. We want to revolutionize the way we interact with our electronic devices. Our patented technology is capturing the attention of the biggest players on the planet and has the potential to be used in most of the devices around us, from our phones to our cars.
As a Haptics Specialist - mechanical integration within a company specializing in haptic technologies, you will be at the forefront of electromechanical integration allowing the communication of information by the sense of touch through different surfaces.
To meet the needs of our customers, you will have to design prototypes of systems integrating the company's products as well as carry out various research and development activities in order to improve the quality of the haptic rendering of our products. In addition, in collaboration with our application engineers you will answer questions from our customers relating to the mechanical integration of our products into their systems.
This position requires a willingness to innovate and imagine solutions to problems for which there is not necessarily a reference book to date.
You will gain in-depth knowledge of haptic technologies and our products in order to become the technical advisor on which our customers can rely during the design of their products.
- Design, manufacture and assemble prototypes of haptic systems integrating the company's products.
- R&D activities surrounding the electromechanical integration of piezoelectric actuators in various systems.
- Design and documentation of reference designs in mechanical manufacturing.
- Modeling and characterization of electromechanical systems.
- Support our application engineers and our customers in the mechanical integration of our products.
- We want to make the Haptic Revolution and to do this, we create a unique position, whose candidate can come from different fields:
- Mechanical, industrial, physical engineering or equivalent training
- Industrial designer
- Specialist in acoustics or vibration mechanics
- Ideally, relevant experience in one or more of the following:
- Strong experience in the design and / or manufacture of electronic products (consumer electronics)
- Strong experience in the design of vibration systems
- Experience with mechanical drawings and simulation software
- Experience with haptic technologies and piezoelectric actuators
- Manual skills in the assembly of electromechanical systems
- Intellectual curiosity, "Think outside the box", capacity for innovation and demonstrated creativity.
- Good organizational skills and autonomy
- Interest in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- Will be considered an asset:
- Ability to perform physical testing, data acquisition, test equipment design, data analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and mechanical assembly of products in the consumer and automotive markets
- Bilingual French / English
- Ready to travel up to 10% of the time
Highlights of the compensation package
- Competitive salary offer.
- Comprehensive benefit package - dental, vision, medical, disability insurance and telemedicine
- Pleasant and healthy working environment
- Dynamic and motivated team
- Telework possible
About Boréas Technologies
Boréas Technologies Inc. (www.boreas.ca) is a fabless semiconductor company marketing integrated circuits for haptic applications. With origins in research conducted at Harvard University, Boréas was founded in 2016 in Bromont, Quebec. Its patented piezoelectric controller platform, CapDriveTM, enables the rapid design of low-power HD haptic feedback in wearables, phones, game controllers and other devices.