We are looking for a driven and passionate Field Application Engineer (FAE) to join our quickly growing team in a wonderful work environment. Our headquarters is in Bromont, Quebec. You are welcome to work from our office and/or from a suitable remote office.
Boréas Technologies’ goal is simple. We want to revolutionize how we interact with electronic devices. Our patented technology caught the attention of the world’s biggest companies and has the potential to be used in various applications, from small devices like smartphones to bigger ones like automobiles.
It is now time to add a qualified and driven new member to our business development team to support the company’s fast growth.
This is where you come in!
As a Field Application Engineer, you will be the technical interface to our customers for our high-voltage, low power piezo driver product line. You will drive demand creation and design-in activity with customers in close cooperation with our sales channels. Boréas Technologies will rely on you to deliver our value message in a persuasive manner, to increase our market share in the emerging haptics market.
You will acquire thorough, in-depth knowledge of our core technology and product line to be relied on by our customers as a technical advisor and partner in their application designs. You will create awareness of our products and solutions and work closely with potential customers to determine how we can best serve their needs.
- Accountable to drive design-in for our driver ICs, covering the global market in collaboration with our sales channels.
- Qualify sales opportunities in terms of customer technical requirements and establish Company’s value proposition / position relative to competition.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support to our customers, ensuring smooth and successful product definition through all phases of the design and development process.
- Build relationships with our partners and sales channels to proactively create demand and identify new opportunities and applications for our products.
- Analyze customer feedback to identify product feature gaps and work with our product engineering and marketing teams to drive feature roadmaps.
- Communicate internally with all departments of the Company (sales, engineering, marketing, operations) to determine the most effective solution for our customers.
- Attend and prepare technology demonstrations for trade shows and conferences to support our marketing activities.
- Create required enablement and documentation (application notes, etc).
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of Application Engineering experience and/or Field Application Engineer.
- Experience in the semiconductor industry. Experience with haptics is a plus.
- Knowledge of embedded programming and analog design.
- Experience working at customer sites for pre-sales, debug and technical support.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Working proficiency of any of the following is a plus: Mandarin, Korean.
- Willing to travel (up to 25%/post COVID-19 pandemic).
Compensation Package Highlights
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages – (Dental, Vision, Medical and Disability Insurance)
- Nice and healthy work environment
- Dynamic and motivated team
- Work from our office in Bromont and/or from a suitable remote office.
About Boréas Technologies
Boréas Technologies Inc. (www.boreas.ca) is a fabless semiconductor company commercializing innovative high-voltage, low-power integrated circuits for consumer and industrial markets. The Company was founded in 2016 out of Harvard University and is VC funded to develop a commercial offering based on its patented core technology, targeting the rapidly growing market for piezo based HD haptic technology in consumer and industrial devices.