We are looking for a technology enthusiast to join our team (which is growing rapidly) in a superb work environment in Bromont.
Our goal is simple at Boréas Technologies. We want to revolutionize the way we interact with our electronic devices. Our patented technology is capturing the attention of the biggest players on the planet and has the potential to be used in most of the devices around us, from our phones to our cars.
This is where you come in!
As an Embedded Software Engineer, your main tasks will be focused on designing software and firmware that will support our range of high voltage, low power piezo products. However, your responsibilities will be varied. You will have the chance to explore several aspects of the development and design of our products (prototypes, demonstrators, proofs of concept, etc.) aimed at demonstrating the integration of our technology.
If you have extensive experience in embedded Linux development and would like to participate in many facets of product or prototype development, this position is for you.
- Participate in the development of low-level drivers for Linux and Android in order to expose libraries allowing us, the exploration and integration of haptic applications in different types of devices
- Participate in the development of haptic exploration applications to support our customers in their UX integration
- Proof of concept and demo (phone, touchpad and more)
- Development kits (firmware and GUI interfaces)
- Assemble prototypes of haptic systems integrating the company's products.
- Attend and prepare demonstrations of our products for trade shows to support our marketing activities
- Participate in the construction of our software development environment: integration of the compilation machine, unit tests, dependency management, etc.
- Bachelor's / master's degree in computer or software or electrical engineering
- 3 to 5 years of development experience in embedded Linux development, such as kernel drivers
- Be innovative and have an attitude to solve multidisciplinary problems
- Good organizational skills and autonomy
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams
- Mastery of different collaboration tools such as GIT, Upsource / Crucible and Jira
- Experience working with clients for debugging and technical support.
- Bilingual (French / English)
- Work well in a team
Highlights of the compensation package
- Competitive salary offer.
- Comprehensive benefit package - dental, vision, medical, disability and telemedicine insurance
- Pleasant and healthy working environment
- Dynamic and motivated team
- Flexible schedule and possibility of hybrid teleworking (after covid-19)
About Boréas Technologies
Boréas Technologies Inc. (www.boreas.ca) is a fabless semiconductor company marketing integrated circuits for haptic applications. With origins in research conducted at Harvard University, Boréas was founded in 2016 in Bromont, Quebec. Its patented piezoelectric controller platform, CapDriveTM, enables the rapid design of low-power HD haptic feedback in wearables, phones, game controllers and other devices.