We are a fast-growing start-up commercializing integrated circuits for haptic applications. On top of being called Startup Worth watching in the EE Times Silicon 100, our patented technology is capturing the attention of the world's greatest players and has the potential to be used in most of the devices around us, from cell phones to laptop to cars. Our goal is simple at Boréas Technologies: we want to revolutionize the interaction we have with our electronic devices.
We are looking for a Digital Designer to join our growing team. Your primary mission will be to design, verify and synthesize digital blocks. What is different for this role in our business? Our design team is composed of experienced designers of different specializations (layout, digital, analog and mixed signal, PMIC, etc.). Members of our group take charge of the entire process, participate in all design phases, and build as a team to develop new products.
So, we are offering you a challenge that will appeal to your versatility and overall understanding of digital block design. Do you specialize in a specific part of the process? The team will take the time to share their knowledge and will encourage you to develop the skills required to master the design, verification and synthesis tasks. Knowing that we plan to design 1-2 new integrated circuits per year, you will have the chance to evolve!
Your daily life at Boréas
- For the design component, you will:
- Interpret high-level architecture;
- Create detailed design specifications;
- Participate in the creation of new modules (IP);
- Code the design (RTL) using Verilog;
- Optimize the design to maximize performance, while minimizing power and resources.
- For the verification component, you will:
- Perform the functional verification of the circuits by coding new tests in SystemVerilog;
- Run simulations (RTL and Gate-Level) with ModelSim and Cadence Xcelium;
- Perform debugging and make the necessary corrections.
- For the synthesis section, you will:
- Define the timing and placement constraints (floorplan);
- Run the synthesis and place and route scripts;
- Perform timing (STA) and power analyzes;
- Implement different Design for Test methodologies (scan chain, BIST).
- Most importantly, you will work closely with the members of your design team.
What we are looking for
- You completed a Bachelor's or master's degree in electrical / computer engineering or equivalent;
- You are dedicated to delivering quality work, you have meticulous attention to details, and you are well organized;
- You have a strong ability to identify and solve complex problems;
- You are recognized for your ability to work in a team;
- You show initiative and autonomy (that does not mean "all by yourself") and you like to learn;
- You have experience with at least two of the following:
- Serial communication protocols (I3C, I2C, SPI, I2S), on-board memory interface (RAM, ROM), design and verification of asynchronous circuits, DFT design methodologies.
- You have experience with at least one of the tools / languages in each of the following lines:
- RTL programming language (Verilog, SystemVerilog, VHDL);
- Scripts (perl, python, tcl);
- Simulation tools: Modelsim, Questasim, Cadence Xcelium, Synopsys VCS;
- Synthesis / Place and Route tools: Cadence, Synopsys, Quartus, Xilinx.
This is an asset if in addition:
- You have experience with UVM (Universal Verification Methodology);
- You have experience in FPGA prototyping;
- You can understand and speak French.
Why join our team?
- To be part of the haptic revolution, to be a pioneer in our market. There is a reason why the EE Times named Boréas among the semiconductor start-ups to watch internationally in the 2021 EE Times Silicon 100 ranking!
- A lot of freedom and autonomy at work which leaves room for creativity and innovation.
- A dynamic, motivated, and very competent team.
- An organization that considers professional and personal development to be essential to our success.
- A competitive global salary offer, including:
- A complete benefits package, paid at 75% by Boréas - dental, visual, medical, disability insurance
- Access to virtual health care and an employee assistance program
- A group RRSP
- An annual bonus
- Stock options, in a fast-growing company with huge potential
- We believe you can be very productive at work while still having plenty of time for life outside of the office. That's why we offer unlimited flexibility! You can take as many paid time-off as you see fit, as long as your work is being completed and that you are respecting your commitments to the team!
- The possibility of working from our offices in Bromont and / or from an appropriate remote office. We encourage hybrid working methods.
- A pleasant and healthy working environment. Our offices are in the heart of nature, in the Bromont science park aka the Silicon Valley of Quebec, which allows you to work in a superb, calm and magnificent environment.
- A cafeteria and terrace equipped for breaks and lunch hours. Fun fact: the team members are keen on having their coffee together every day at 10:30 am. It just goes to show that happiness at work sometimes comes from small things!
- From Go Kart to improvised 5 @ 7s in the region's microbreweries, we regularly do social and team building activities.
Still not convinced? Visit our Careers page to learn more and join the Boréas adventure with us
About Boréas Technologies
Boréas Technologies Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company commercializing product-differentiating integrated circuits for haptic applications in consumer and industrial markets. With origins in research conducted at Harvard University, Boréas was founded in 2016 in Bromont, Québec. Its proprietary piezoelectric actuator driver technology platform, CapDriveTM, enables the rapid design of low-power HD haptic feedback in wearables, smartphones, game controllers and other devices.
My CV has been sent, what happens?
Now that you have sent us your CV, our team will assess your application. The deadlines can vary, but we generally aim for a maximum of two weeks to answer. It is essential to mention that only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Confirmation will be sent to you by email or LinkedIn. If your application was unsuccessful, you are invited to try again later. Who knows, maybe a new position will be available for you.