We are a fast-growing start-up commercializing integrated circuits for haptics applications. On top of being called Top start up to watch in the EE Times Silicon 100, our patented technology is capturing the attention of the world's greatest players and has the potential to be used in most of the devices around us, from cell phones to laptop to cars. Our goal is simple at Boréas Technologies. We want to revolutionize the interaction we have with our electronic devices.
We are looking for a Field Application Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. In this newly created position, you will be the technical interface to our customers for our high-voltage, low power piezo driver product line. You will drive demand creation and design-in activity with customers in close cooperation with our sales channels.
We are in an important growth phase with an emerging haptic technology. This means for you that you do not only support an integrated circuit, but that the customers adopt a complete and complex solution. It’s a challenge that you don’t find at every street corner 😉. To properly support the different opportunities, you will work closely with the Marketing team, our account managers and our engineers who develop our demonstrators and prototypes
The location of the position is in Taiwan, and our primary markets are Mobile and PC, with secondary markets in Automotive and IOT.
Your daily life at Boréas
You will be accountable to drive design-in for our driver ICs, covering the global market in collaboration with our sales channels. You will:
- Qualify sales opportunities in terms of customer technical requirements and establish Company’s value proposition / position relative to competition.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support to our customers, ensuring smooth and successful product definition through all phases of the design and development process.
- Build relationships with our partners and sales channels to proactively create demand and identify new opportunities and applications for our products.
- Analyze customer feedback to identify product feature gaps and work with our product engineering and marketing teams to drive feature roadmaps.
- Communicate internally with all departments of the Company (sales, engineering, marketing, operations) to determine the most effective solution for our customers.
- Attend and prepare technology demonstrations for trade shows and conferences to support our marketing activities.
- Create required enablement and documentation (application notes, etc) as needed
What we are looking for
- You have an education and / or relevant experience in electrical engineering, in order to be able to fully understand and sell our technology;
- You have experience in application engineering or field application engineering;
- To help solve software problem, you have knowledge of embedded programing and analog design;
- You are a technical problem solver, can easily work at customer sites for pre-sales, debug and support.
- You are autonomous, determined and you have the desire to win;
- You have excellent communication skills (including listening!), you are client-oriented, and you easily relate to others;
- You are recognized for your ability to work in a team;
- You are fluent in English and Mandarin;
- You are willing to travel to customer sites in your region;
It would be an asset, if in addition:
- You have knowledge of haptics or mechanics;
- You have additional language knowledge (Korean, Japanese)
Why join Boréas Technologies
- To be part of the haptic revolution and the opportunity to be a pioneer in our market. We are growing and need your input help us scale up;
- You will earn a competitive salary based on your experience and will receive stock options to participate in the company’s growth and success.
- A lot of freedom and autonomy at work, which leaves room for creativity and innovation.
- To work with a driven, dynamic, motivated and competent team.
About Boréas Technologies
Boréas Technologies Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company commercializing product-differentiating integrated circuits for haptic applications in consumer and industrial markets. With origins in research conducted at Harvard University, Boréas was founded in 2016 in Bromont, Québec. Its proprietary piezoelectric actuator driver technology platform, CapDrive, enables the rapid design of low-power HD haptic feedback in wearables, smartphones, game controllers and other devices.
My CV has been sent, what happens?
Now that you have sent us your CV, our team will assess your application. The deadlines can vary, but we generally aim for a maximum of two weeks to answer. It is essential to mention that only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Confirmation will be sent to you by email or LinkedIn. If your application was unsuccessful, you are invited to try again later. Who knows, maybe a new position will be available for you.